STUDY SHOWS MEN ARE BASTARDS
This morning slate published the following study, which shows that men are...well bastards. BUT HOLD ON MEN, it apparently isn't your fault.
According to Slate:
"More evidence that men are vindictive: Brain scans show that when somebody they dislike suffers pain, men—but not women—show a) zero activity in empathy-related parts of the brain and b) a surge of activity in pleasure-related parts of the brain. In the study, disliked people were those who had behaved selfishly in a game. Interpretations: 1) Men are born mean. 2) Men are made mean. 3) Men are deeply ethical and reserve empathy for those who deserve it. 4) Men do women a service by instinctively punishing cheaters."
Hmmm... let me dissect their analysis of this point by point:
1. Yes, I can buy that...my 3rd grade arch nemesis who used to throw spit wads at me clearly proves this point
2. Yes, I can also buy that...enter DC men who come to this land all sweet and humble, yet get sucked into the boys club of ego-manic, indifferent, self-entitled swinger lifestyles.
3. Hmm...some names are coming to mind that make me question this point: Tom Delay, Jude Law, Karl Rove, Scott Peterson, Hugh Grant, Charlie Sheen, George Bush, Jack Abramoff, Stalin, Pol Pot, Nero, my last three boyfriends of note, etc..
4. Ummm, clearly that was written by a man.
1. Men: Instead of being upset by this posting, revel in it. It gives you even more justification for that famous line you men so like to use: "It's not my fault [insert girl's name], I'm a man". I can sense the wheels are turning about all the possiblities/ uses this study can be to you.
2. Women: More proof that the life of a lesbian aint too shaby.
**Think I'm being too harsh on men/DC men, please set me straight. Post your comments**